Herbi Pharmed Co. By relying on the Iranian rich traditional knowledge, unlocking great potential in the country and creating more value-added products as well, Barakat Pharmed Company has planned and invested in this production chain with the aim of offering effective natural medicinal products with export potential to overseas markets.
Pros and opportunities of the project:
- Making Iran the main hub of producing herbal products in the region;
- Industrializing traditional pharmaceuticals in Iran;
- The Islamic Republic of Iran efficient entry into regional and trans-regional herbal medicine market;
- Improving the quality and quantity of agricultural industry;
- Avoiding selling crude materials.
- Goal: Launching advanced intermediate plant materials production lines (essence, extracts and active ingredients) and natural medicinal products in accordance with European pharmaceutical standards.
- Target market: Mainly exporting to the Middle East, Asia, and Europe, and covering domestic market needs.
- Investment: Barakat Pharmed Company.
- Implementation executive unit: Herbi Pharmed Company.
- Investment volume: 800 billion Dollars;
- Project duration months: 30 months
Opportunities Arising from the Project:
- Supporting rural deprived areas in order to empower and engage them directly and indirectly in production processes;
- Expansion of traditional medicine services in the country by producing natural products into globally competitive modern dosage forms (industrialization of traditional pharmaceuticals);
- The Islamic Republic of Iran efficient entry into regional and trans-regional herbal medicine market and exportation of herbal pharmaceutical product from raw materials to finished goods;
- Promoting the quality and quantity of agricultural industry purposefully and in a controlled manner to secure standard raw materials and produce health natural products in Fars province and the country as well.
- Dominating the large and unguided regional and trans-regional markets for the Iranian consumer medicinal plants and natural products;
- Creating direct and indirect job opportunity for hundreds of people in Fars province and the country as well.
- Standard storage and packaging processes are done in Kazerun site;
- Intermediate plant materials and herbal products factory is located in Shiraz Especial Economic Zone;
- Harvesting herbals from herb farms in different parts of Shiraz province.
Technological competitive advantages of the project:
The newest and the most advanced technologies of Europe are utilized to extract essence and extracts for manufacturing standard products in order to offer to global markets. The extraction methods are as follows:
- Super critical Extraction
- Belt Counter Current Extraction
- Spinning Cone Column(SCC)