Sobhan Oncology Co. (PJS), registered as Sobhan Chemotherapy Products Co. (private joint-stock) in 2002 and it was renamed into Sobhan Chemotherapy in 2004. The company was officially put into operation under the name Sobhan Oncology Pharmaceutical Co. in 2009. Sobhan Oncology Co. is the first manufacturer of anti-cancer drugs in the Middle East which was operationalized with an investment as much as 34.4 million dollars in 2009.
The main activity of the company is to research, develop, advance and produce anti-cancer drugs or chemicals.
As one of the most modern units and manufacturing plants in Iran, Sobhan Oncology Pharmaceutical Co. is the only company that specializes in manufacturing anti-cancer and chemotherapy drugs in the country and that the company consider all international standards and principles of GMP in all production lines and processes in this pharmaceutical site.
Sobhan Oncology Co. is among few manufacturers of Liposomal Doxorubicin Nano-Drug in the world. As the country
’s first Nano-drug, it was manufactured in partnership with an Iranian knowledge-based company and Iran was the second country after the U.S. that manufactured the drug with proper effective benefits in the world. This product has fewer side effects compared to the usual existing Doxorubicin drug and it is much cheaper than its similar foreign one which decreases the cost of treatment considerably for the patients.
The company has cooperated and signed pharmaceutical contracts and production agreements with reputable pharmaceutical companies in the world including Sanofi Pharmaceutical Co., Stragen Healthcare Group, Cipla Co. and other well-known companies to produce under license anti-cancer drugs with pharmaceutical standards and reasonable prices to offer to the Iranian pharmaceutical market.
The Under License Anti-Cancer Drugs are as Follows:
- Sanofi Aventis from France (Cobel Darou): Taxotere vials 20, 80;
- Stragen Healthcare Group from Switzerland (pariznova): Paclitaxel vials 30, 100, 150 and 300, and Oxaliplatin vials 50 and 100;
- Cipla from India: Imatinib capsules 100 and Arthecan vials 40 and 100;
- Hoffmann-La Roche from Switzerland: MabThera 100 and 500, and Avastin 100 and 400, and Herceptin 150 and 440, and Pegasys and Xeloda 500;
- Gedeon Richter Co. from Hungry: Vincristine and Vinblastine vials;
- Nippon Kayaku Co. from Japan: Lastet ampoule and tablet;
- Biosin from Germany: Flutamide tablet
Geographical Location and Land Area:
The company is located in the industrial city of Rasht in Gilan province, in a land area of 25,000 square meters. The building covers about 10.000 square meters.
Production Lines and Capacity:
- The production capacity of the company is 22.5 tons of various anti-cancer drugs
Product Category Based on Treatment Groups:
- Anti-cancer drugs: 7 items;
- Chemotherapy drugs: 8 items;
- Interferons- Antiviral drugs: 1 item.
The company employs a staff of more than 160 efficient and skilled professionals and its 97 workers work in the manufacturing and production logistics units.
Awarded Certificates, Certificate of Appreciation, Confirmations and Standards:
- Certificate of Quality-Based Endeavor
- Site visit report by Sanofi Aventis Pharmaceutical Co.;
- Site visit report by Rash Co.;
- Certificate of good manufacturing practice principals (GMP)- Solid products lines;
- Certificate of good manufacturing practice principals (GMP)- Vilas productions lines;
- Accredited Labs Certificate;
- ISO 9001 Certificate (Quality Management Standards);
- ISO 14001 Certificate (Environmental Management Standards);
- Certificate of being the 30th top company from Iran Chamber of Commerce, Industries and Mines;
- Appreciation Tablet for Sobhan Darou for being exemplary industry in Gilan province, awarded by Ministry of Industries and Mines of Iran;
- Analytical Transfer Confirmation for Taxotere products from Sanofi Aventis Pharmaceutical Co.
Domestic and international awards:
- International Quality Award of BID institution
List of business partners:
By having entered into some contracts with some of its international partners including Roche of Switzerland, Swiss Stragen, Sanofi Aventis of France, Biosyn of German, Ebewe of Austria,Cipla of India, etc., and also domestic partners including Exir Nano Sina Company; Sobhan Oncology Company has been able to offer high quality drugs to the Iranian pharmaceutical market.
List of the Company Contracting Distribution Companies:
Alborz Distribution Company, Daroupakhsh Distribution Company, Ministry of Health and Medical Education and Soha Helal Distribution Company.